Lapas / Scarlet macaws
- Surfing, boogie boarding or swimming in the warm Pacific Ocean just a few steps from the house.
- Mountain bike, ATV or hike the local Miro's Mountain rainforest located just a short walk away; wildlife including exotic birds, tucans, macaws, blue morpho butterflies, capuchin monkeys, poison dart frogs to name a few.
- Stroll through the charming town of Jaco Beach and explore the many shops, cafes and restaurants.
- Sunset cocktails at the stunning outdoor amphitheatre of Villa Calletas.
- World class golf at the nearby Los Suenos Resort.
- Manuel Antonio State Park (stop at Milagro Café at the top of the hill for the best Espresso Milk Shake and great coffee to drink there or to take home for gifts)
- Any local canopy tour.
- Sunsets, boogie boarding and surfing on our beach
- “Kayak Jaco” for a memorable outrigger kayak and snorkeling experience
- “Jardin Pura Vida” Botanical Gardens. Great views, beautiful trails, tropical flowers and fauna.
- "Rainmaker" - A stunning primary growth rainforest complete with rivers, waterfalls, natural pools and wildlife experienced by walking on a series of suspended bridges over and inside the rainforest canopy.
- Damas Mangrove Monkey Tour in a glass bottom boat.
- "Britt Coffee Tour" – San Jose
- Costa Rica's #1 tourist attraction: Tabacon Hot Springs at Volcan Arenal
- "Tarcoles Crocodile Tour" by boat
- Sunset sail
- Sport fishing
- White water rafting
- Whale or turtle watching tour
- And many more!
If I Could, I Would Buy This Place! From the moment we walked through the gate we knew we had found the perfect vacation spot. We two couples each had our own beautiful house separated by a tropical courtyard and inviting pool. The open layouts of the houses, with vaulted ceilings and original artwork all around, all contributed to our feeling of being in a very special place. The fresh fish bought at the local market, that we cooked on the outdoor grill, and ate on the large, front porch, under the cooling fans, made our first stay in Costa Rica unforgettable. The friendly iguana that we fed by hand, the birds that delighted us in the morning, and the frogs that trilled as the sun went down, let us know that we were in a tropical paradise. The only downside to this vrbo was that we had a hard time leaving the premises to embark on other adventures. A great secluded getaway in the heart of Jaco. (Stayed March 2012)
Sonja; University Park, Maryland
Sonidos del Mar Rocks!!! We spent two weeks at Sonidos Del Mar and it was truly amazing. The property and location was perfect in every way. We will be going back and will be renting here again. (November 2014) Ty; Leadville, Colorado
Sonidos Del Mar is the best. My friends and I rented both houses at Sonidos Del Mar for a full week. The house was absolutely perfect for our needs. It was only steps from the beach. It had the right amout of privacy and seclusion, but we could also walk down the beach to the main shopping area or take a $3.00 cab ride if we didn't feel like walking. Prior to booking Sonidos, I searched for several months to find the right house and could not find anything remotely close in value. Both the owner and the caretaker were extremely accomodating. The house was clean and cozy. You will not regret booking at Sonidos. (Stayed Feb 2013) Patrick; San Diego, California